On tap for the semester:
- Thesis, thesis, thesis.......Blues Fife and Drum in North Mississippi Hill Country. Luckily my Musics of the African Diaspora class will help give me some focus, and I'm hoping I can use my Rhythm and Meter in American Vernacular Music class to also focus on the topic.
- Completely solo trad recital. I've got a couple of dates that are already floating out there. Basically, it'll be done within the month.
- Chair a panel on Music and Tradition in Dr. Coyote's stead as he's scheduled to be at another conference at the same time.
- Medieval Cantigas concert with my roommate (and partner in all sorts of musical crimes).
- Second trad recital focusing more on ensemble repertoire and including students in the vernacular music program at Flat Place U.
- If my paper's accepted at the SEM conference, present a paper on the aforementioned thesis topic.
- TA for the Common Practice Period segment of the music history undergrad sequence.....have I mentioned my discussion section has 60 kids in it?
- Prepare to present and play at the NFA conference this summer.
- Teach classical flute to the middle school kids (teaching there probably about 4 days a week).
I'm also trying to get into a regular running schedule again (hopefully 5 days a week.....but we'll see how that goes), so to kick myself in the butt, I think I'll start logging my runs.
Sun 1/14 - 2.3
Peace, love, and tunes,