Also haven't been sleeping well, as earlier posts can prove. And the whole not sleeping thing means that all I really want to do is sleep......a lot. Mostly stress (school and otherwise) related.....and since I haven't been running lately, due to a hip/it band injury that is slowly getting better, most of my normal ways of coping are gone. Anyway.....no time for an actual post so I thought I'd do a meme.
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mac:
- I have two favorite cereals: Rice Krispies......and Bran Flakes. I have been obsessed with both of these since I was in elementary school.
- I used to whittle a lot before I went to high school (hey I am from Alabama). I have some semi-decent stuff too.
- The first instrument I tried to play was the classical violin....when I was about 6.
- I took ballet (like all good southern girls), jazz, and tap for several years. I loved jazz and tap, but they wouldn't let me take those two styles without ballet. I actually quit dance because I hated ballet so much that I wouldn't stick it through to deal with the other two styles.
- From the time I was in 2nd grade until the time I was a freshman in high school, I was convinced I was going to be a paleontologist (and I shocked the hell out of my elementary school teachers because I called the occupation by it's actual name). After that, I thought I was either going into english or international affairs (I wanted to work for the state department)....and entered college as a triple major: English, International Affairs--Cultural Emphasis, and Music (which I was convinced I would never do anything with).
- My favorite mixed drink is a frozen margarita.....consequently I make a pretty awesome margarita. My roommate won me over to gin and tonics that are well made during a Lord Peter Whimsey marathon.
- I write a lot of poetry.....journals and journals of it. I've even been published once or twice. The writing helps keep me sane during the craziness of grad school.
- I know and have experienced cotillions. 'Nough said.
- It took 6 months of continual begging to convince my parents to let me study a martial art.
- I have dreams of doing a cover of Janis Joplin's Piece of My Heart.....but I won't do it until I'm sure that I won't sound like a southern white girl from the suburbs. It's all about the scream.