<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Thursday, March 06, 2008
No time for an actual entry
Sorry I haven't been posting as much of late. It's the crazy part of the semester and as usual I've thrown myself into everything humanly imaginable.......including an improv flute thing in a local Afro-cuban ensemble. When you're one of the only non-classical flute players around, you tend to get pulled in for a wide variety of things. My improv skills: not so great. But you'll never get better if you don't put yourself out there.

Also haven't been sleeping well, as earlier posts can prove. And the whole not sleeping thing means that all I really want to do is sleep......a lot. Mostly stress (school and otherwise) related.....and since I haven't been running lately, due to a hip/it band injury that is slowly getting better, most of my normal ways of coping are gone. Anyway.....no time for an actual post so I thought I'd do a meme.

10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mac:

  1. I have two favorite cereals: Rice Krispies......and Bran Flakes. I have been obsessed with both of these since I was in elementary school.
  2. I used to whittle a lot before I went to high school (hey I am from Alabama). I have some semi-decent stuff too.
  3. The first instrument I tried to play was the classical violin....when I was about 6.
  4. I took ballet (like all good southern girls), jazz, and tap for several years. I loved jazz and tap, but they wouldn't let me take those two styles without ballet. I actually quit dance because I hated ballet so much that I wouldn't stick it through to deal with the other two styles.
  5. From the time I was in 2nd grade until the time I was a freshman in high school, I was convinced I was going to be a paleontologist (and I shocked the hell out of my elementary school teachers because I called the occupation by it's actual name). After that, I thought I was either going into english or international affairs (I wanted to work for the state department)....and entered college as a triple major: English, International Affairs--Cultural Emphasis, and Music (which I was convinced I would never do anything with).
  6. My favorite mixed drink is a frozen margarita.....consequently I make a pretty awesome margarita. My roommate won me over to gin and tonics that are well made during a Lord Peter Whimsey marathon.
  7. I write a lot of poetry.....journals and journals of it. I've even been published once or twice. The writing helps keep me sane during the craziness of grad school.
  8. I know and have experienced cotillions. 'Nough said.
  9. It took 6 months of continual begging to convince my parents to let me study a martial art.
  10. I have dreams of doing a cover of Janis Joplin's Piece of My Heart.....but I won't do it until I'm sure that I won't sound like a southern white girl from the suburbs. It's all about the scream.
Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.

Labels:

 
posted by Mac Tíre at 2:07 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: