<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Monday, June 02, 2008
Here We Go
So here goes....actual post with actual content.

This summer is going to be insane. I'm in Oxford, MS right now, knee deep in fieldwork setting up things so that interviews can start and go well. I'll drive back for Zoukfest next week to get to see Andy Irvine up close and personal (holy freaking crap). Then back to MS, for more fieldwork through the beginning of July. Then my roomie and I are driving up to Early Music Vancouver's Medieval Workshop with Ben Bagby and Norbert Rodenkirchen (and again holy freaking crap). Medieval music bootcamp for two weeks. Then we drive back, I crash for a day, and then I drive to Kansas City for the NFA.....present and play. Luckily they're on different days. And then I drive back to Flat Place U, and crash for a good week or so. Just thinking about all this makes me really tired.....coffee would probably be a good thing at some point....or food.

Speaking of food....allow me to offer you a culinary guide to Oxford, MS-->

Breakfast:
The only chain breakfast place is Huddle House, skip that and either go for Bottletree Bakery (everything is remarkable) or the Beacon (standard southern breakfast fare, except for the T-shirts that say, "We ain't got no sweet tea." The rebel flags used almost as wallpaper are rather scary, though).
Lunch/Dinner:
Go for Abner's--a chicken joint that has amazing grilled chicken and an addictive sauce, or Ajax for the best southern cooking I've had in a good long time.

Anyway, off to work.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 3:51 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger CJS

    "This is what we do", right?

    One suggestion, for the long drives: Books on Tape (see Project Gutenberg for a long list of mp3 versions of same).