<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Thursday, September 25, 2008
10 Small Things
I've discovered that something small, seemingly inconsequential things have the ability to make you smile. Listed below are a list of 10 small things that never fail to make me smile.

  1. Of late, my Early Music Vancouver sweatshirt: I don't think I can truly articulate the amazing experiences I had at that workshop. Wearing the sweatshirt makes me think, I hung out with some of the coolest people I've ever met, and I could hang with them musically. It also helps me think about all of the people who helped me get there by writing recommendations, teaching me how to perform, and how to combine scholarship with performance. I love my teachers.
  2. Liam, a black fuzzy sheep bought on the way to EMV: My roomie and I have this habit of buying stuffed animals and naming them after amazing traditional players. Her large yellow elephant is named after Ed Reavy, and my big black sheep is name after Liam Kelly.
  3. Sessions on Friday night: It's only two hours once a week, but I'm convinced it keeps me sane.
  4. Musically goofing off with friends from the Vernacular music program here at FPU: We've all done it...and playing Ozzy Osbourne on a Tin Whistle is just great.
  5. Flowers from my Dad: I don't usually buy myself flowers, and my dad is a huge flower sender, great giant boquets of beautiful flowers that smell really great make me smile.
  6. The icanhascheezburger and ihasahotdog websites: have I mentioned I want a pet?
  7. Coffee in the morning: Because I sip things really slowly, I can almost convince myself that I have some leisure time in my life.
  8. The Codex Calixtinus Album from Sequentia......see number 1 for reasons why.
  9. The Introduction to Pheigin Mo Chroi from the Dervish live album: Have we a language barrier?
  10. Bookstores: For some reason, I feel a weight being lifted whenever I walk into a bookstore....weird, I know.
And a not so small thing that makes me happy that is becoming a larger presence in my life about which I'll probably write more about later......the Dharma.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 12:06 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger CJS

    "Ohhhhhh...hi ho ha...the same in English as Spanish, Catalan, Majorcan, all the same...ohhhh...hi ho ha."

    My favorite bit is where she gets them singing, they get to the end of the chorus, and she sings "and a-gain TWO three...ohhh..."