<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Trouble Sleeping
Lots and lots to do, not the least of which is two concerts this weekend (one tonight and one tomorrow). I have high hopes for both of them, and it's great music, so definitely something to look forward to.

Absolutely outstanding session last night. Sometimes everything just works, and I can't help but feel unbelievable lucky that I get to be in the middle of an atmosphere filled with good music and friends.

I've been having trouble sleeping for a while now, which leaves me feeling perpetually sluggish, except for the few days where I'm so exhausted that I collapse and sleep the whole night. Here's the problem: I go to sleep fine, but for the past 3 months or so, I wake up after about 3 1/2 hours of sleep, and have serious problems going back to sleep. I don't do sleep medication (it freaks me out a little bit), so I haven't gone directly to the pharmacy looking for a solution. I did grab an herbal tea that helps a little bit, or at least I felt a little better the two days I drank it last week. The problem? I keep forgetting to drink the damn stuff at night. I will attempt to remember this week, but I really want to know the reason behind the problem in the first place.

Anyway, Fulbright revisions are going well. Interviews should happen in October. Feel like a complete and utter slug today because I have yet to accomplish anything useful today, mostly because I've been trying to nap on and off for several hours. Finally just got up and decided to try and get stuff done (the perpetual push in grad school).

Anyway, off to try and be productive before the concert tonight!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,
Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 3:48 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Terminal Degree

    Ugh. I went through that a LOT in grad school. (It started during a course in Schenkerian analysis.) A doctor taught me some self-hypnosis exercises that helped a lot...but there were still nights when I just couldn't sleep.

    Hang in there!