<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Why does my to do pile never get smaller?
Taking some time out so that I can go back to my Fulbright application with a little more coherency.

I sometimes have problems getting things written down for applications. I think most of this has to do with the fact that I feel that I come off better in person than on paper.....that and the fact, that if I'm applying for it, I probably want it.....a lot. And the very fact that it takes an application, means that I don't control the outcome.

So I'm staring at a map of Ireland, thinking, "I could spend a month here and here and here. And study with this person....and holy crap, can you imagine what you would sound like if you played a session every night for a whole year? And if you only focused on playing the damn irish flute for an entire year......Oh....my.....god."

But the evil little voice in the back of my head says, "They only give out two grants every year to Ireland, and they usually get about 60-70 applicants....what the hell do you think your chances will be?"

Of course that's not a constructive thought, but it's still what comes up. Anyway, back to the writing of said grant.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 3:45 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: