<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Pages to a PhD: Response to Weeks 5 & 6, Term 1
Apologies for the abandonment of the blog these past two weeks. Midterm has creeped up, and with it a flood of assignments/grading.

The good news? I fall in love with Musicology every week. The depth and breadth of this discipline constantly astounds me, and I could not be happier with the options this gives me as a scholar and a performer.

The hard part (as there is no bad news when you're in love with what you do)? I am working my ass off. Now I know how all of my professors got their superpowers. It also brings up some of the questions I've asked previously: what do you want to do with your scholarship (ethically, personally, etc) and how do you want to further the discipline? In other words, how am I gonna find my place in this huge discipline? I'm also having problems figuring out what I "buy" in the Music & Gender articles. How far down that rabbit hole am I willing to go, and how will I nuance that?

To the folks at FPU: Thank you. For the tools (or the whole freaking toolbox, as it were) you gave me, but more importantly for showing me what musicology is capable of. I miss you guys, but I'm havin' a BALL!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Mac Tíre at 9:28 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: