<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Sunday, October 05, 2008
More rain here in Dry Flat Place. I'm currently in a coffee shop, hoping to wait out the downpour, but I think I'm going to get soaked at some point. I think I should have picked up a kayak while I was in Canada this summer. Fulbright is off my desk (at least for the time being), but I have my interview tomorrow, so I've been in the midst of cramming extra info so that I don't get taken by surprise.

Three working weekends (as opposed to a non-working weekend in grad school?) in a row have left me feeling completely and utterly behind. Time to pull out the extra strength coffee and go into hyperdrive. Lots, lots, lots to get done before the end of the year. Not the least of which are getting the damn thesis done and figuring out what the hell I'm going to do next year.

Session on Friday night was fabulous. Every time I think about the fact that eventually I will leave these people, I'm struck by just how lucky I am to have found them. These people who love each other, and the music, and the teaching of the music. They make me want to be a better person, musician, and teacher.

Lots to do!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 3:22 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments: