<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Holy Crap, Where Did the Semester Go?
So, quick hit between working on the thesis. I managed to get ahead in a few of my classes, so panic mode has been averted at least today.

Last week was both amazing and disheartening.

We have a new president, one that I feel I can support, and one that I think will bring about changes that are desperately needed in this country. Also, it's amazing to me that we live in a country where every four years we get a chance to peacefully overthrow the government. It fills me with pride every time it happens.

We also have an amendment to California's constitution which will deny the right of marriage to same-sex couples. From the Wikipedia article: "The official ballot title language for Proposition 8 is 'Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry.' The entirety of the text to be added to the constitution is: 'Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.'" One day I hope to live in a country that doesn't legalize discrimination.......unfortunately, it's not today.

Sooooo many applications to deal with for Grad School. I'm also looking at retaking the GRE as my first scores were not great, and I feel like I might do better if I retook them. The problem? Time and money.

Anyway, I need to get back to thesis land.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 11:25 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: