<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Namo Buddhaya, Namo Dharmaya, Namo Sanghaya
Busy busy busy week. Highlight of the week was on Tuesday, when I got to hear a Nyingma lama give teachings on compassion. It was my first such experience, and was absolutely incredible. I was also able to Take Refuge which is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm hesitating here, because I'm not sure how much I want to say about the experience. One thing my roommate has taught me, is that sometimes the things that you have the deepest feelings about are the things you feel like you want to talk about the least. However, I will say this.....it was an incredibly profound experience that left me smiling in my bed in the dark until 2am, and then when I woke up at 7, couldn't stop smiling either. I'll leave it at that right now.

Also found out I have an invited guest artist gig in Kentucky in the Spring, doing the usual Irish trad flute masterclass and then lecture/recital. When I got to FPU in the fall of 2005, I could barely play a half-hour's worth of tunes. Occasionally, when I have time to step back and look at my journey since I got here, it absolutely stuns me that I've gone from that, to being asked and paid to travel to other places to talk about the Tradition.

Up for this weekend: gig with the Collegium, practicing, grade papers, make some more progress on final projects......and continue my effort to reclaim my apartment from the clutter gnomes.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 12:37 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Andy Hamilton

    congratulations! as a fellow musical student and aspiring buddhist, it is heartening to hear about someone's success. best of luck!

    -andy

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Terminal Degree

    Isn't it a great feeling to realize how far you've come as a musician? Just today, two of my students said, "Wow, I couldn't have done this a year ago." That's exciting to realize!