<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Patience is a virtue.....
One that I don't have.

Should hear about the first round of cuts for the Fulbright sometime around Jan. 31st and about at least one grad school "in early February." Until then, I have MORE than enough stuff to work on.

I am rapidly losing hope that I will ever write, defend, and be done with this thesis. Of course, I've thought that about almost everything I've accomplished at FPU, but that fact doesn't help right now. Sometimes when I run and it's a bad day, I count to ten over and over again. "Just run ten more steps....you know you can do that.......You ran the last ten, you can go ten more." And on and on. You'd be surprised how far you can push yourself this way. In the same way, I guess I have to take it paragraph by paragraph.....edit by edit and hope for the same results.

Anyway, off to work.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 2:25 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Sarai

    Of course you will finish your thesis, and it will be glorious.

    I do the exact same thing when I'm running, btw

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger SJC

    I'm far from patient too.

    But it is going to be great. You're going to be great. I believe in you.