<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Monday, July 07, 2008
Everything's going really well.

Yesterday's thing was basically a picnic hosted by one of the families in Marshall County, MS. Some really good music, much more like what Alan Lomax saw than the big huge HCP thing on Friday and Saturday. The family hosting it was really nice, and promised to hook me up with a few people they think I need to talk to.

Spent most of the morning hooking up with people and scheduling interviews in town. Hooked up with a really nice local artist (she does castings of the local blues musicians in the area). I'm meeting her for lunch tomorrow, and staying overnight with her. She's gonna basically take me around town and introduce me to people, including some of the ones that are harder to get in contact with. Interestingly enough, she's a flute player who's just getting into Irish music, so we bonded over that, and I'm bringing instruments over so that we can share some music back and forth.

Definitely staying until Thursday, but coming back in August for the Gravel Springs picnic (which I have housing for as well, thanks to the nice people in the area). Will be offline for awhile, but getting good info!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 1:52 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: