<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Good Day Yesterday
Yesterday was great. Good music, even if it was hot as hell. Some interesting things I noticed about the crowd demographics vs. the performer demographics. Going out for my small once a week splurge at Bottletree (bagel and the GOOD coffee), I found a flier for blues stuff this afternoon and tonight, featuring some of the same performers as the HC Picnic, so I'm gonna go off and see what I can see. If nothing else, it'll be good music, and while it's outside.....there's _shade_ and places to sit. I'm really happy with the media I got (pictures, video, and audio). I was right up front, so I got to see without anybody (except the big burly backstage guys) in front of me. The only downside was that I didn't hook up with my informant, but I think overall it was a fairly positive experience. I'm still planning on trying to hook up with her, but if it doesn't happen this trip, that's ok (I'm still trying to convice myself of that fact, but at least I'm not at the "If I don't get to interview this person in the next week, my entire thesis is gonna go down the drain."). Interviews and tracking people down on Monday and Tuesday. I'm supposed to leave on Wed to head back to FPU, but if I'm making good progress, I might put it off until Thursday. Either way I'm looking to drive straight through as I want to save some money by not staying in a hotel. Anyway, I need to go grab my camera and recorder before I head off to this thing at 2. I'll try and post some more videos and pictures later on tonight or tomorrow!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 12:57 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger CJS

    Definitely try to stay on as long as you possibly can--if you've tapped into a good line of research and the right contacts, it's *extremely* important to maximize that contact--will be much easier to do this now rather than later.

    good luck!