<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Friday, January 30, 2009
No to the Fulbright
So I wake up this morning to the dreaded, "I regret to inform you" form email letter that means that my Fulbright was turned down. I wish I could say that I feel something other than bitterly disappointed, but that's where I am right now. Trying to stop the head games before they start, specifically because I'm proud of that proposal. It was a good one and I wouldn't change a bit of it. And it's because I so wanted to do that fieldwork, that it feels so disappointing to have them tell me no on the first round of cuts. Also not really looking forward to admissions decisions regarding other grad schools at this point. What I do know is that the trade-off I made with myself was that if I couldn't go to Ireland, I would get a pet. Hopefully I'll follow through with it.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 3:05 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Dharmonia

    It was indeed an excellent proposal. The only, and I mean only, thing that got in the way here was the astronomical number of people who apply for Ireland, compared to the tiny number of Fulbrights they accept. So hold that thought - the proposal was great. We all thought so.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Sarai

    Knowing you, I have not doubts your proposal was excellent.

    I got one of those emails, too; I know exactly that feeling.

    I think sometimes, when there are so many good proposals, it comes down to which is better, blue or purple? You just have to keep applying until you get someone on a committee who likes purple. Or blue, depending.