<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Work hangover
So I woke up this morning at my normal 8:30-ish and had what I describe as the "work hangover." You wake up, and your head almost immediately says, "Really....you're gonna do this again." Fortunately it's a Saturday....which means I can cut myself some slack. So I turn on a DVD and do the dozing thing, which was pretty great even if I still feel out of it.

Yesterday I brought the cat home. Got her in the carrier without a scratch (even if it did take two of us). I was feeling guilty for taking her home instead of the first guy I had looked at, but I feel good about the decision because when I was signing the adoption papers and everything one of the workers said that they were amazed that she was in the carrier and getting adopted. Evidently she doesn't like any of them and they had assumed they would be at the shelter until she died. She of course is scared out of her wits right now, and once she was let out of the carrier ran directly for the bed. This has been what every cat I've ever had has done. She has, however come out because small things have been moved, and last night I woke up hearing the distinctive sound of a kitty jumping up on top of things in my room.

I thought I was going to name her Eloise (as in Abelard and), but I got her home and something in my head said, "That's not her name." So she's gonna be named Brigid.

Also went to Petsmart yesterday to get all of the pet accoutrement and I went in with the resolution to not act like a dorky pet owner. Several catnip toys, bags of treats, and a cheap scratching post later.....I have decided it's ok to be a dorky pet owner. Pictures will be up as soon as she decides I'm not gonna eat her and will come out long enough for me to take them.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 2:13 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Sarai

    congratulations on your new kitty!! I know how much you love animals and how much you've wanted a cat. They are such amazing creatures- I'm excited for you!! :)

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Terminal Degree

    Congratulations on your new furry friend. I got Magical Cat while I was finishing up my DMA. He kept me company through a lot of the arduous work, snuggled up on the futon in my office/guest room while I typed or studied.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger lissarae

    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets work hangovers (and I love the phrase!)

    So my father tells me that the best way to get a cat comfortable to you is to turn up the air conditioner to extreme cold, then curl up on the bed/couch with an electric blanket turned on. They'll cuddle up beside you and be your best friend forever. It was the only way he could ever get his adopted stray alley cats to be civil. Now it seemed a little extreme when he told me a long time ago, but if your new fuzzy friend doesn't start being more friendly, it's at least something to consider.