<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Holy Crap, It's Hot Out Here
Yeah.

Today went really well. Not a big information day, but a huge day for interpersonal connection. Met up with one of the local artists who's huge into blues and hung out with her the rest of the day. We headed over to the only real restaurant in town, and met up with major informant. We got to talking about what she was going to do now that she had graduated high school, and what her life plans were. Interestingly enough she wants to do something I already have a degree in (Music Ed), so we talked a little bit about that. They all wanted to see the trad flute, so that got dragged out, and she tried it out, which was really cool. Then she said she need some more cane (bamboo) for making fifes, so she asked me if I wanted to come with her. Off we go with local artist, main informant, and me to a local house where MI and I cut bamboo cane for the next hour or so....occasionally with me interspersing questions like, "How often do you do this?" and "What are you looking for when you cut this stuff?" She had to leave after that, but we're meet up again tomorrow to head out to another "have to talk to" person. Anyway, if I can figure out how to post the pictures from today (my cell phone), they'll be up soon!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 8:33 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: