<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Friday, February 13, 2009
Busy, busy, busy
Holy crap, it's busy out here.

On a happy note, my cat has come out and has decided my bed is awesome. Brigid has also decided sitting in my lap and distracting me from the computer is her job. I'm also discovering that when she dozes while I pet her, she drools just a little bit. Cats are funny creatures. :)

Been running quite a bit lately. I'm hoping to one day in the not so distant future run a marathon. But first you build back up to a 5k (which I don't really have a problem with), then the 10k, then a half-marathon, and finally up to a marathon. I'm one of those people who's not really built for running, but I like it anyway. Last year I hurt my IT band trying to up my mileage too fast (and also switching from the treadmill to the outdoor track I prefer to run on), so this year I'm going to take it easier.

I've also been doing interval training. For those of you not into torturing yourself two days a week, let me explain what interval training is. 8 minute warm-up jog, then 4 minute run at 80% of you capacity followed by 4 minute recovery jog (not quite as slow as your warm up jog), repeat the 4x4 4 times...followed by a 4 minute cool-down jog. Translate this as 8 minutes of "Gee isn't running swell." Followed by 1st 4x4 of, "This isn't as bad as I thought it was." Second 4x4, "Ok....it's not comfortable, but I can definitely do this." Third 4x4, "You've got to be kidding me....why do I want to run faster and longer?" Fourth 4x4, "F***. G**d*** piece of s***. When is this dumbass workout over?!?!" Recovery period, "Did I leave my lungs on the track?"

Mileage this week is only 7 miles, but I've got my long run on Saturday which'll probably be around 3.5 miles, but trying to avoid injury this go around (IT band injuries are hellish to get over).

What should I be doing today....writing, writing, writing. What am I actually doing? Practicing for the masterclass/concert I'm giving on Sunday and CLEANING. Washing clothes and dishes so that my house is relatively liveable. Oh...and waiting for PhD application decisions. And probably writing eventually today too. Anyway:

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 12:32 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: