<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I am frustrated. I'm back on the running schedule, and today was interval training. With crappy winds yet again, it wasn't a good run. And the more I ran, the more frustrated I got.

With my inability to get anything off of my desk (ie make progress on the g**d*** thesis), with my inability to be patient while waiting to see what happens, with my inability to feel like I'm doing anything right, with my inability to be compassionate to myself or others, and on and on and on.

Usually running helps, but sometimes things get to be too much. Too much expectation, too much to do....just too much.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better training day, and I'll get some stuff done. More on the masterclass I gave this weekend later....after rehearsal and some form of chocolate.

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 4:18 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger TDH

    Ya know... I think there's a bit of that "frustration" thing going around...

    I actually realized something today about myself and running. I run nearly every day because I feel it's the ONE thing I can't possibly fuck up.

    Unless I'm taking an Army PT test... but that's a total different environ, so it doesn't count. Here in FDP, my goal is only to run. Period. So, I'm really not fucking up.

    Yeah, it all makes sense in my head... somehow.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Dharmonia

    It is, indeed, a week of frustration for some odd reason. Perhaps it's a mid-semester thing, although I know some non-academics who have been feeling it too.

    Running is good. I've been wanting to get out and expend some energy myself, but confronted that old choice: You have 20 minutes this morning in which you can either run or sleep. Choice? zzzz.