<"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Welcome to the Ceili
Friday, March 13, 2009
I'll be on the West Coast next year
After considering a lot of things I decided some time last week to accept the offer from West Coast U.

The thought that I'm going to be living on the west coast for the next four-ish years is A-MAZ-ING. I'm more than a little overwhelmed with what has to happen in the next 5/6 months (finish things here, move half way across the country, etc). I'm really excited about starting a new chapter in my life, but also very sad to be leaving FPU and all of the amazing people here.

Anyway, I'm looking at apartments and such and trying to find something decent and affordable. I had planned to fly out next week (we're on Spring Break here) because I found some insanely cheap flights.....I went to book the flight yesterday and discovered that they were cheap because the airline wanted you to stay over for 5 nights. Ummmm.....no. So I'm planning on flying up in May to get everything settled. This is actually better for me, because I'm thinking of making a trip to MS to arrange some interviews.

Also...I have a raging ear infection for the first time in about 15 years. I now remember why I pitched such a fit as a kid. Massive amounts of antibiotics and ear drops, which will hopefully make life bearable without the aid of massive amounts of advil. One good thing about ear infections though, as long as you're sitting you can basically function mentally....which means I can still work.

Speaking of working (or not.....I'm kind of dozing most of today......this particular brand of antibiotics tends to make me conk out), I'm going to get back to it!

Peace, Love, and Tunes,

Mac.
 
posted by Mac Tíre at 12:35 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments: